The King And Nature
With many having fears of the storm of Global Warming, and thinking that mankind can destroy what God has created, we need to come to realize that the earth and what we refer to as Nature is in the hands of our Soveriegn Lord and King.
We are to be good stewards of things where we can make a difference.
The storms of life will come, but we have a Lord and Savior who cares for our needs, and He will care for our need of air, as long as we are looking to Him and being faithful in caring for the environment the best we know how. I only bring the thoughts of Global warming into this because there are men who are wracked with fear concerning this matter – whether it is real or imagined – it is truthfully in the hands of the Lord.
JESUS GAVE COMMANDMENT TO GO TO THE OTHER SIDE (v. 18).
JESUS GOT INTO ONE OF THE BOATS AND THE DISCIPLES FOLLOWED HIM (v. 23).
* Jesus went to sleep and continued sleeping after the storm came up.
* Jesus slept, and by sleeping shows us His humanity.
* Jesus needed the rest and His disciples needed the test.
A STORM CAME UP, NOT UNCOMMON, AND THE DISCIPLES PANICKED (vv. 24-26a).
* At least four of these fishermen were experienced fishermen of the Sea of Galilee.
* Could the storm have been of supernatural origin and more fierce than previous storms these men had witnessed?
JESUS REVEALS WHY THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD NO FEAR OF THE STORM (v. 26b).
* While the man slept; God was keeping all things in His hand, and not one thing can happen to the child of God without the Father’s permission.
* Jesus had a destiny to fulfill, and the Father was not about to let that be stopped.
THE DISCIPLES MARVEL IN THE PRESENCE OF DEITY (v. 27).
* Only deity can still the waves, the wind, and all storms.
* Jesus is the One who can still, and calm all storms.
* Let us all marvel in His deity, and worship Him.
-Tim A. Blankenship