GOD as Our Refuge
1. HE BRINGS HIS PEOPLE THROUGH TROUBLES TO A WEALTHY PLACE (Psalm 66:8-12).
2. HE HEARS THE PRAYERS OF HIS PEOPLE (Psalm 71:7-13; 80:1-7).
3. HE ESTABLISHES HIS TESTIMONY AND HIS LAW IN HIS PEOPLE (Psalm 78:1-8).
4. HE IS WORTHY OF THE PRAISES OF HIS PEOPLE (Psalm 81:1-7).
5. HE IS MORE GLORIOUS THAN ZION OR HIS DWELLING PLACES (Psalm 87:1-3).
The Christian and the Holy Spirit
1. SALVATION IS A WORK OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD; NOT OF THE FLESH (Galations 3:1-5).
2. SANCTIFICATION IS THE WORK OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD; OUR GROWTH (Galations 4:1-7)..
3. LIVING IN THE SPIRIT OF GOD PRODUCES FRUIT; OUR EVIDENCE (Galations 5:22-26).
4. THE SPIRITUAL CHRISTIAN WILL SEEK THE RESTORATION OF FALLEN BRETHREN; OUR LOVE (Galations 6:1).
“Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21 (KJV)
The human race is consumed by power. People who want to have control over others; many of them are called politicians who are out to get all the power they can. Many are preachers and pastors who desire to rule the Church they lead – sadly.
There is something the Christian must realize and that is that all power belongs to the Creator. It is wonderful for the Christian to daily focus, fellowship with, and have faith in the One who is All-Powerful (Omnipotent). It is a glorious thing to know that we have the One who empowered the life of Jesus as He walked on earth living within us too. “…The power that worketh in us…”
How much power do we have? All that is His; is ours. Let us walk with Him, and it will be used rightly.