Here is a blog post worth the reading.
In regard to the Kim Davis imprisonment the matter is much simpler than some imagine:
- A Christian is under a constant and invariable duty to the moral law of God (as fallibly as we live that out).
- That law is summed up by Jesus as loving God and loving our neighbor as ourselves.
- The laws of men are subsidiary interpretations and applications of this higher law.
- When they are contrary or contradictory to the laws of God, the laws of men are invalid.
- They are false assertions of power without the authority of law.
Here’s a great example of this kind of moral thinking from one of the most influential American Christian ethicists:
“One may well ask: “How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?” The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate…
View original post 1,716 more words