Ezra 8:21 – 23
I. THE PEOPLE HAD COMMITTED THEMSELVES.
- They had boasted of God’s Providence and power.
- They had sought His way in going through the lands of trouble – evil, bandits, and murderers.
II. THEY WOULD NOT ASK HELP OR PROTECTION FROM MAN OR GOVERNMENT.
- Due to their boasting in God.
- The hand of God is on those who depend on Him.
III. GOD GRANTS THEIR PETITIONS.
- He provided their material needs.
- He provided their protection.
- He still does, for all those who will trust in Him.
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: but if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” Matthew 6:14-15 (KJV)
…And read Matthew 6:5-13 as well.
Praying people will be forgiving people. Praying with pretense, or for show, shows nothing, but hypocrisy.
What do I want for Christmas?
When I pray I want to be heard by God, not men; I want my prayers to always be offered to God with a heart that knows it has been forgiven by God, and in knowing that in my heart, soul and mind I will always forgive those who have offended me.