“So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.” Romans 8:8-11 (KJB)
For those who dwell in Jesus Christ there is no condemnation (Romans 8:1). Our dwelling in Him is due to His dwelling in us. If His is not living in us; we are not in Him.
“Dwelling” means the place of our abiding; the place we live, where we sleep, we eat, we rest, we learn, we grow, etc.. For Him to dwell in us is for our benefit.
According to these verses, and the text of Scripture then to live in the flesh; to live a carnal life is the opposite of living or dwelling in the Spirit of Christ Jesus.
- They that are in the flesh cannot please God;
- You are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if the Spirit of God dwell in you;
- If you do not have the Spirit of God in you, you are not God’s;
- If Christ is in you the carnality of the body is dead, because of sin (Isaiah 5:18);
- The Spirit is life because of righteousness – the righteousness of Jesus Christ;
- Jesus Christ was crucified, buried, and raised to life again;
- Just as Jesus Christ was raised to life again, the LORD will also raise our mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwells in us.
If you are condemned by your sinful life come to Jesus Christ. Trust His work of death on the cross, His burial, and bodily resurrection. He will redeem you, forgive you, and set you free.