“That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.” 1 Kings 8:60 (KJB)
King Solomon had just ended a prayer during the dedication of the temple. During this dedication he now speaks to the people, and informs them that through these things which he mentioned in prayer the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God… What are those things by which they may know? It has to do with the way God loves His people:
- He chastises or disciplines His people when they sin;
- He hears and answers their prayers when they pray;
- He forgives their sins and delivers them out of their troubles;
- He keeps them in His hand, and protects them in their enjoying their blessings;
- He always reminds them, lets them know that there is no other God; all the others are powerless and false.
Now the question could come to us who are Christians, “How can all the people of the earth know that the LORD is God through us?” We know and love Jesus, yet, the above things are for you and me as well.
It does say in the book of Hebrews chapter 12…
“But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.” Hebrews 12:8
Just wanted to remind you that no Christian can sin without consequences. We still are disciplined for our sin.
Let us let the world know of God’s holiness, righteousness, love, mercy, and grace. The cross of Jesus is where all of these were put on display by holy God. Let the world know.