The Unchanging Throne of God
1. The heart of the psalmist moved to praise the King (vv. 1-2).
2. The mighty, triumphant acts of the King (vv. 3-5).
3. God’s throne, forever anointed by God (vv. 6-9).
4. The bride is instructed to listen and hear (vv. 10-15).
5. The King has princes in all the earth (vv. 16-17).
I. IT IS A REGENERATED HEART THAT IS MOVED TO PRAISE THE KING.
II. THE REGENERATED HEART WATCHES FOR, SEES AND PARTICIPATES IN THE MIGHTY WORKS OF GOD – THE KING.
III. THE KING/GOD IS CHRIST; ANOINTED BY GOD ABOVE ALL OTHERS (Hebrews 1:9).
IV. AS THE BRIDE HEARS THE VOICE OF HER GROOM; SO TO THE FOLLOWER OF CHRIST HEARS TO VOICE OF HIS LORD (Revelation 2:7,11,17,29; 3:6,13, 22; 19:6-16).
V. THE PRINCES OF THE KING REMEMBERED IN THE EARTH
i. The King is worthy of praise and worship; make your heart worthy of praising Him.
ii. Praise the wonderful, majestic, and mighty acts of the LORD and King.
iii. You can rest in faith and assurance knowing that the throne of God is forever and forever.
iv. Hear the words of the King and do them with your heart.
v. You are princes and princesses of the King; live like it; and be remembered in the earth and in Heaven.
This is sermon points from a message preached at Carr Lane Baptist Church 08/14/11