Life of Rejoicing
Philippians 1 – 4
1. SUFFERING FOR THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST (Philippians 1:27-30).
2. HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST JESUS (2:5-11).
3. A LIFE OF AWAKENING (3:1-3).
4. DOING ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST (4:10-14).
Evening Message –
In Love with GOD, His Word
1. HIS TESTIMONIES ARE WONDERFUL (vv. 129-130).
A. It is the love of God in Christ which motivates our keeping them.
B. They give light and understanding.
2. THERE IS LONGING FOR HIS COMMANDMENTS (vv. 131-132).
A. It is not the will of the flesh to have the commandments of God; but the Spirit of God within us.
B. Because of His commandments we still seek His mercy.
3. OUR STEPS ARE ORDERED BY HIS WORD (vv. 133-134).
A. By the ordered steps of His Word we refrain from iniquity (v. 9).
B. We will remain undeterred by the oppression of men.
4. WE DESIRE TO LEARN HIS STATUTES (vv. 135-136).
A. Learning His statutes we know that His face shine on us.
B. We also mourn when we see others who will not heed the Law of God.