Matthew 13:3b-9, 18-23
Looking at the soils individually:
I. First Of All There is The Soil of Rejection (vv. 4, 19).
* + Let us never think they are unconvertible.
* + God can do marvellous things.
II. The Second Soil is One Which Makes Profession, but Soon Falls Away (vv.5-6; 20-21).
* + Persecution, or sometimes just everyday problems drive them away.
* + Perseverance is a fruit of the true faith of Christ.
III. The Third Soil We See is the Soil of Divided Loyalty (vv. 7, 22; James 1:7-8).
* + In the case of this type of heart condition it could be that the seed of the Word was received with false motives, such as, believing that everything will be cushy, and the world will love me.
* + These find themselves choked off from the words of life and condemned.
IV. The Final Soil Representing Heart Conditions is the Soil of Perseverance (vv. 8-9, 23).
* + In content the soil is different.
* + The side to side motion of the hand and releasing of the seed will have it landing on the hard places, the shallow places, thorny places and the good places.
-by Tim A. Blankenship
You may check out my study notes through this link.