“Thine habitation is in the midst of deceit; through deceit they refuse to know Me, saith the LORD.
Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, ‘Behold, I will melt them, and try them; for how shall I do for the daughter of My people? Their tongue is as an arrow shot out; it speaketh deceit: one speaketh peaceably to his neighbour with his mouth, but in heart he layeth his wait.
Shall I not visit them for these things?’ saith the LORD: ‘shall not My soul be avenged on such a nation as this?'” Jeremiah 9:6-9 (KJB)
My answer to the title question is; Not the kind of visit verse 9 is speaking of. I enjoy and I am blessed when I really see that God has come visiting me. Yes! I know He is with me always.
We need to see a few things about the above verses…
- God is speaking to Jeremiah in verse six of the kind of people he is living among;
- God is grieved with the people of Judah and Israel because of their lies, deceit, their hypocrisy in worship;
- God is grieved because of their personal hypocrisies with one another;
- God says that He will come visit them (meaning of course in judgment) if they do not change their ways.
These thoughts lead me to ask,,,
- What about the people where I live and what about me; How is my relationship with God and my neighbor?
- Do I live honestly with my neighbor, and remember that they also are a people made in the image of God?
- Is there anything in our lives that resembles false worship? Do we have a passion for something else more than God; forsaking the assembling of ourselves with other believers in Christ Jesus; or maybe assembling but living a different life the other days?
- Do we want the visitation of God on us for the kind of living that does not honor and glorify Him?
No! We cannot live a sinless life. We can live a redeemed life because of the cross of Jesus Christ the Son of God, God the Son. He is God’s greatest, and gracious visitation to all Adam kind.