The Protected Home
ADULTERY (Matthew 5:27-28)
– An act against marriage, betrayal of trust, an addition to the oneness of marriage – (1 Corinthians 6:16-20).
FORNICATION (Matthew 5:31-32)
– The act of sexual immorality; probably before marriage.
THE LOOK (v. 28)
– with desire was to commit adultery by Jesus’s sermon.
THE PRICE OF SIN (Matthew 5:29-30)
– Is the sacrifice of the eye that offends too high to pay to deal with sin?
– Is the sacrifice of the hand that offends too high to make amends for sin?
-Think about this – Jesus laid down His life for our sin.
Job made a “Covenant” with his eyes: “I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid? Job 31:1 (KJV).
It is the Christian’s responsibility to deal with their own sin. A individual with no eye or eyes can and will still have lusts. The individual with no hand(s) can still touch what is supposed to be untouchable. It is a matter of the thought life that needs dealt with.
CAST INTO HELL (vv. 29-30)
– Sin will be dealt with harshly in judgment.
– Sin must be dealt with harshly now to avoid Hell.
– Jesus took the judgment that should be ours.
-Our trust and faith in Him justifies us; it is God’s decree.
WRITING OF DIVORCEMENT (v. 31)
– Deuteronomy 24:1-4 seems to be the Scripture to which Jesus is referring. The scribes and Pharisees were promoting a “No Fault” divorce; giving themselves and others an easy opportunity for sin. This is what Jesus condemns.
CAUSES HER TO COMMIT ADULTERY (v. 32)
– When the woman was forced to leave because of this “divorcement” decree; if it was not because of sexual sin against the marriage, then, he caused her to commit adultery when she married another, and the man she marries commits adultery as well.
PROTECTING THE HOME –
– Husbands cherish and love your wives. Quickly replace those lustful thoughts with thoughts of the Lord, His Word, even your wife and family.
-Wives be devoted solely to your husbands, honor and obey him.
– Men keep that look of love upon your wife, not other women.
– Women when you are devoted to your husband, no other man will come between you and your husband.
– Men and women; most of all stay true to God, His Word, and pray. Pray for wisdom, grace, discernment, and knowledge.
-Tim A. Blankenship