LAID UP EARTHLY TREASURES ARE SUBJECT TO THEFT, MOTH, RUST, AND CORRUPTION (vv. 19-20).
* There is no contentment, peace or joy in obtaining worldly things or pleasures.
* There is comparison between two places of savings;
THE TREASURED TREASURE IS THAT WHERE YOU DEVOTE YOUR MOST ATTENTION, AND TIME (vv. 21-24).
* The key verse to this passage of Scripture is verse 21.
+ When we speak of the “heart” we mean the center of one’s being.
+ This is the place of your feelings, emotions, your caring.
AN EXAMPLE/ILLUSTRATION OF HIS PROVISION, THROUGH THE FOWLS OF THE AIR, AND OUR FAITH (vv. 25-30).
* Taking no thought for food or raiment is to not worry or fret over where these things will come from.
+ As the Father provides for the birds of the air He provides for His children.
+ As the Father provides for the flowers of the field in raiment He provides raiment for His children.
WORRY/ANXIOUSNESS IS THE PATH OF THE UNGODLY, AND GOD KNOWS ALL OUR NEED (vv. 31-32).
* The Gentiles [ungodly] spend their time seeking material gain, putting money away and building massive bank accounts; or at least dream of doing so.
SEEK SPECIFICALLY, WITH DESIRE, THE KINGDOM OF GOD, AND LET ‘TOMORROW’ TEND TO ITS OWN (vv. 33-34).
* The righteous by Jesus Christ desire to seek righteousness, and to be like Christ
+ We seek the righteousness of God through our daily disciplines:
1. Giving; 2. Praying; 3. Fasting; and 4. Feeding on His Word.
-Tim A. Blankenship