Song of Solomon 2:1-17,
“Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.” Song of Songs 2:15 (KJV) Also see John 10:10
With there being deceptions and lies concerning marriage and love in our society and culture it is needful, even necessary for the Church of Jesus Christ, and every individual Christian to stand firm on God’s definition of Marriage, and His meaning of love.
It is my conviction that the Home and Marriage is the beginning or the end of a Nation or a society of people. When marriages fail so will society and nations. “As goes the home/marriage; so goes the nation.”
There are hindrances to a good marriage. These can be the children, and the job, or career, school activities, failure to build your marriage and home upon the foundation of Christ and His word.
So what can be done to keep a marriage strong. Let us look at four ideas from Solomon’s Song of Songs;
- Be sure; even make it a habit to praise, and adore and admire one another verbally (vv. 1-3).
- Be sure to make yourself accountable to one another, and to another; who is not of the opposite sex; so as to maintain a holy lifestyle (vv. 4-7).
- Be sure to make time for one another… Have some alone time.. Go to the “clefts of the rock” and get away together (vv. 8-14)
- Be sure that within marriage you have a sense of belonging… “I am my beloveds, and he is mine”
- This is an addition to the original post… Make God the primary Person of your marriage.
You are not your own. You are bought with a price (1 Corinthians 6:20)
The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ must be the bedrock of your marriage and home.
I was running short on time this morning so I wanted to share this with you.