Just some thoughts from these sermon notes:
OLD LAW – Concerning murder; meaning Pre-meditated having to do with planning before hand with malice and forethought.
ANGER – Leading to hatred. “We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.”1 John 3:14-15 (KJV).
GIFT – A gift is above the requirements of the law;
– A gift is given, usually in sacrifice;
– When giving God a “Gift”, and realizing your offense/debt to another: leave the gift at the altar, then go and pay the debt.
TERMS/AGREEMENT – Do it with haste;
– First with God;
– Second, with brethren, and with your fellow man when possible;
– Only when in right fellowship with God can there be right fellowship with brethren;
– It is also possible, that if we be out of fellowship with brethren, we are out with God too.
-Tim A. Blankenship